Webster's Career Fair Showcases Global Employment Opportunities
Webster University Thailand’s periodic Internship and Career Fair was held at Empire Tower on 29 March 2017. This event provided graduate and undergraduate students alike with the chance to explore internship and career opportunities both in Thailand and abroad. In addition, the event also shed valuable light on other ways that students can gain valuable work experience especially in today’s ever-competitive job market.
As always, this event attracted a great deal of interest from local Thai students and also international students from across the globe. During the three hours, students were able to meet with the various representatives present to discuss their aspirations and career objectives. For many this focused upon getting a ‘foot in the door’ via internships and trainee programs, whilst for others it was to identify pathways to enter as a mid-level professional.
This event saw a record number of organizations from various sectors on hand to provide guidance and information. Companies and organizations present included: Expat Life in Thailand Magazine, Sawasdeeshop, ZICO Asean Business Development, Centara Grand Hotel, Conrad Hotel, Shangri-La Hotel, Asia Centre, Action Aid Thailand, UN Relief Web, ECPAT, the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), the Global Alliance Against Traffic in Women (GAATW), Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), Vivin / Extrovert Marketing, Food Panda and SoHo Hospitality.
The Internship and Career Fair forms part of Webster’s broader support system provided to students to give them the best possible chance of securing employment after graduation. In an effort to prepare students for their meetings with potential future employers, on 27 March 2017 a resume writing workshop was conducted by Dr Jason Lee Carter at Webster's Bangkok Academic Center.
Webster University Thailand extends our sincere thanks to all participating companies and organizations for their time, enthusiasm and support. Our gratitude is also extended to Mr. Tim Malloy, Webster’s Career Planning and Development Center Manager for his time and effort in planning this event.
Read other articles:
- Alumni Spotlight: Kanyapat Vanapitaksa, MA Media Communications
- Sheila Varadan Guest Lecture on Migration and International Security
- Dr. Naeem uz Zafar Guest Lecture on Causal Econometric Analysis
- Webster Thailand’s Sumendra Singh Wins Best Paper Award at IC17Thai Conference
- Webster Thailand - CAS Yunan Normal University Collaboration
- Dr Eskerod Guest Lecture on Project Opportunity Exploitation
- Wai Pwint Wabo to Represent Webster Thailand at 2017 Global Student Leadership Summit
- Webster’s Rotaract Club Celebrates 46th Annual Children’s Outing
- Music Fills the Corridors of Webster Cha-Am/Hua Hin Campus
- Webster Thailand faculty, Dr Tim G. Andrews appointed Senior Visiting Research Fellow at the London School of Economics
- Dr. Eskerod Presents Research for Working Professionals in Bangkok
- Sports Day Brings Students Together