Snapshot: BK Magazine at Webster, Provost’s Research Grant, Basketball Team Finishes 4th
Basketball team finishes 4th in the Silipakorn Games
Webster Thailand’s men’s basketball team secured 4th place after having advanced to the semi-final round of the Silipakorn Games, the final match versus Petchaburi Rajabhat University took place on February 8th.
Sponsored by Silipakorn University, the games include teams from two different Silipakorn campuses, Rajamangala University of Technology, Phetchaburi Rajabhat University, Suan Dusit University, and Stamford International University.
Webster Thailand student awarded the Provost’s research grant
Webster University Thailand student Roshan Adhikari has been awarded the grant on the basis of research paper, An Assessment of Success, Effectiveness and Sustainability of Bangkok's Startup Community; Management with emphasis in International Business, faculty mentor, Prof Raymond Ledesma.
Roshan further pointed out to several internships he has completed in Bangkok where he gained professional experience and which motivated him to apply for the research grant, "this was the reason I applied for the research grant, and I hope the research work will hugely help in the professional endeavors of the students like me."
Now in its fourth year, the Grant Program has funded more than 80 undergraduate research and creative projects covering more than 15 academic departments. These projects lead many students to present their work at professional conferences including Webster’s Research Across Disciplines (RAD) conference. Interest in research opportunities continues to grow.
Detailed research proposal is available on Roshan’s blog.
BK Magazine at Webster Thailand
Guest speaker Gregoire Grechant, BK Magazine Editor in Chief, Product Director held an in-depth discussion at Webster University Thailand in Bangkok about media business in Thailand, and challenges of running a multinational magazine.
BK Magazine, ran by Asia City Media Group is Southeast Asia’s leading media company specializing in providing lifestyle and visitor content through our own well-loved brands, as well as creating custom media and marketing solutions for companies. The group’s content directly reaches Asia’s top demographic of urban residents and affluent visitors via digital and print channels. The group currently operates in Singapore, and Thailand.
Read other articles
- Webster Thailand Welcomes International Counselors
- International Relations Department Launches New Blog
- Microsoft holds Internship Program session at Webster Thailand
- Alumni Spotlight: Jeremy Richard Colson, BA Management
- Webster Thailand Welcomes New Students - Spring 1, 2017
- Webster Thailand Alumni Giving Back to Those in Need
- Alumni Spotlight: Catherine Than, MBA
- Webster University Thailand’s Kenneth Houston explores the “Pandora’s Box of Identity Politics”
- Media Communications Student Creates a Platform of Expression
- Webster Thailand's Psychology Radio Podcast Series on Hua Hin Surf FM