Webster Thailand's Psychology Radio Podcast Series on Hua Hin Surf FM
Podcasts have become an increasingly popular way for people to gather information and expand their knowledge of various issues in a fun, informative and easily accessible platform. In December 2016, Webster University Thailand launched a new weekly podcast called "Psychology Matters", primarily focussing on psychology related topics.
Initiated by Webster Thailand's faculty, Dr Anthony Rhodes, the podcast series aims to address some of the relevant everyday issues faced by both Thais and foreigners alike. Each podcast seeks to help listeners understand some of the perceptions and misunderstandings between these two groups, and bridge the gaps that exist. Each episode is delivered from a distinct psychological and sociocultural perspective, but in a way that is light-hearted, easily understandable and of course entertaining!
The next few broadcasts will have a specific focus on “working with Thais”. Whether you are in Thailand as a student, visiting as a tourist, working on a short-term contract or permanently relocated, you will undoubtedly find these broadcasts both enlightening and fascinating. Future broadcasts will also revolve around other pertinent issues such as learning Thai language, cross-cultural exchanges and working in culturally diverse workplace settings.
In future broadcasts, other topics will include sexuality, inter-racial relationships and a variety of cross-cultural issues.
We hope that you enjoy these broadcasts and follow the series as it delves into some of the elements of Thai life that you’ve always wanted know. The first broadcast is available Hua Hin Surf 102.5FM radio station at http://huahinsurffm.com/.
Read other articles
- Media Communications Student's "Childhood Imaginations" Exhibition Aims to Inspire
- Webster Alumni Gather in Myanmar
- MAIR students visit ECPAT and Action Aid Thailand
- Collage of Cultures Celebrates Diversity
- Webster's Career Fair Attracts Leading Companies
- Loy Krathong Festivities
- Media Communications Student Creates Campaign to Raise Awareness on Child Labor and Trafficking
- Global Masters International Relations students visit UNDP
- Webster University Thailand Awards Scholarships to Education for Women Project
- Snapshot: Greenpeace South-East Asia visit, Rotary meeting and Pandit Bhikkhu, a British born Buddhist monk
- Alumni Spotlight: Marcel Reymond, MA International Relations