Webster Alumni Gather in Myanmar
On December 2, Webster University Thailand organized Alumni gathering event in Yangon, Myanmar which saw participation of graduates since 2001. Dr Keith E. Welsh, Webster Thailand's Campus Director hosted the dinner night as an initiative of the University to foster pride, loyalty, and a life-long connection with Webster University alumni in the country.
Since 1999, Webster University Thailand has seen more than 1,000 students graduate
from a variety of disciplines. The Alumni gathering saw numerous alumni join the event,
a memorable evening for everyone present to reminisce of their time while being
at the University and to once again reconnect.
Upon asking if they feel connected with the University, Ms. Lai Lai Win who currently holds position of Managing Director at Great Amitie International said, “Webster Thailand is where we made many friends, and alumni relationship benefit us a lot in both business and personal life”. Similarly Mr. Yan Naing Oo, currently a Business Data Analyst at Carlsberg Myanmar spoke of friendliness while at the University, and of true diversity on campus where he met the opportunity to meet students from all over the globe.
Read other articles
- MAIR students visit ECPAT and Action Aid Thailand
- Collage of Cultures Celebrates Diversity
- Webster's Career Fair Attracts Leading Companies
- Loy Krathong Festivities
- Media Communications Student Creates Campaign to Raise Awareness on Child Labor and Trafficking
- Global Masters International Relations students visit UNDP
- Webster University Thailand Awards Scholarships to Education for Women Project
- Snapshot: Greenpeace South-East Asia visit, Rotary meeting and Pandit Bhikkhu, a British born Buddhist monk
- Alumni Spotlight: Marcel Reymond, MA International Relations
- New Student Orientation Fall 2 2016
- HM the King passes away
- Webster Thailand Claims Gold in First ‘University Game On’ Tournament
- Webster Thailand and Yunnan Normal University Celebrate 10 Years of Partnership
- ESL Program true to the spirit of the Global Citizenship Program