Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software

Non-Immigrant Visa "B" to Teach in Thailand


This type of visa is issued to applicants who intend to take up employment as school teachers under university level in Thailand. 


• Passport or travel document with validity of not less than 6 months

• Fully completed visa application form

• Recent (4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant

• Letter of acceptance from employing institute or school in Thailand

• Letter of approval from relevant government agency, such as the Office of the Private Education Commission, the Office of the Basic Education Commission, etc.

• Evidence of educational qualification, such as diploma or teaching certificate

• School license or business registration, list of shareholders, and school profile

• Applicant’s resume      

•  Police certificate verifying that the applicant has no criminal record or equivalent, or letter issued by authorized agencies in the applicant’s country (The requirement of the submission of such police certificate is optional. The applicant must submit it if consular officer requests him/her to do so. This requirement is effective as of May 2007.)

Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary.


80 USD (Subject to change)


The visa is valid for 3 months.


The holder of this type of visa is entitled to stay in Thailand for a maximum period of 90 days. He/She may apply for an extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau and may be granted such extension for a period of one year from the date of first entry into Thailand.


• Upon entry into the Kingdom, the applicant or his/her appointed representatives must apply for a work permit at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour in which the applicant will be obligated to pay income tax upon commencing work.  If the applicant’s associated company is located in a province outside of Bangkok, the applicant must apply at the Employment Office of that province.

• Applicant’s immediate family members (i.e., spouse, parents and children who are unmarried and under 20 years old) are eligible to apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa (category “O”) and will be allowed to stay for a period of 90 days but no longer than 1 year.

• Foreign citizens who hold a Transit Visa (“TS”) or Tourist Visa (“TR”) and who wish to engage in business activities in Thailand may apply for a change of visa type (e.g., from Tourist Visa to Non-Immigrant Visa) at the Office of the Immigration Bureau located at Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889,  The granting of any change of visa type and extension of stay is at the discretion of the immigration officer.


Nationals of certain countries are only permitted to apply for a Thai visa at the Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at a designated Thai Embassy. Therefore, travelers are advised to contact their nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate-General to confirm where they are permitted to apply for a Thai visa before departure.