Management: Marketing (BA)
Students may seek either an academic major or minor in marketing.
Emphasis in Marketing
The marketing major prepares students with the marketing skills and business acumen necessary for professional and personal success in today’s global business environment. The curriculum provides a balanced course of study that exposes students to a common body of knowledge and leads them to understand marketing processes and situations, think independently, communicate effectively and appreciate their own and other cultures. Students with a major in marketing will be well-positioned to enter a broad spectrum of marketing positions in private and public corporations, marketing agencies or entrepreneurial endeavors.
The student who graduates with a major in marketing will be able to
- Critically evaluate marketing situations and make informed marketing decisions.
- Explain the universal marketing processes for consumer and organizational markets in a domestic and global marketplace.
- Describe the complex nature of global corporate ethics and the social responsibility of organizations in the conduct of marketing activities.
- Demonstrate competency in technological applications used by the marketing professional to report key data and recommend management strategy and action plans.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills consistent with the professional marketing environment.
- Evaluate the political, cultural, economic, legal and trade regulation issues as they relate to marketing.
- Develop skills in relevant use of computer softwares.
A minimum of 128 credit hours consisting of the following:
- 36 required credit hours
- Applicable university global citizenship or general education program hours
ACCT 2025 Managerial Accounting
ECON 2020 Principles of Microeconomics
ECON 2030 Principles of Macroeconomics
MNGT 2100 Management Theory and Practices
MNGT 3280 Introduction to Business Law
MNGT 3400 Human Resources Management
MNGT 3500 Marketing
MNGT 3510 Advertising
MNGT 4330 International Marketing
MNGT 4570 Marketing Research
MNGT 4920 Marketing Strategies (Overview)